A wide variety of programs are suitable for inclusion in the project. Some examples of still images and out-takes from videos include:
- Annual concert with a large and diverse crowd that is a community event – like July 4th Pops
- A collaboration with another organization that widens the symphony’s audience – like Nutcracker with the local ballet company
- A competition sponsored by the orchestra that attracts a wide range of competitors, composers, and press
- An Educational program for school children that shows the diversity of student population
- Spotlight a program by an orchestra – like an El Sistema, or Project STEP program where the symphony partners with a program that teaches music to underserved students.
- A commissioning project
- A special series that the orchestra wants to highlight that broadens the attending audience
- A collaboration with another organization in the region that broadens the audience members – like collaboration with the Historical Society, Art Gallery, Museum, University, etc.
- Something that brings in more people or elevates the profile of the orchestra beyond the normal subscription series concerts.
- It could be new initiatives regarding orchestra personnel or highlighted activities by orchestra personnel that elevate the visibility of the orchestra within the community.
Please phone Jonathan McPhee at (617) 817-2312 with any questions on what to submit.